Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh, Where To Start.


You must start at the beginning.

The beginning came one May night in 2004, when he asked me for my phone number. It took about a month for me to actually see him again, and his persistence and patience finally paid off with a sushi luncheon that ended with a phone call to my cousin, telling her that I had just had a date with the man I was going to marry. It was not too long after that we knew for certain that this was not just another thing. It was the beginning.

Since the beginning, we've had many firsts and lasts. Our last first date; our last first kiss; our last first "I Love You". We moved to a place where we have grown together, as individuals and as a couple, and our dedication to eachother has proven a solid foundation for the rest of our lives together. We made promises to eachother in front of 180 people, almost two years from the beginning, and with respect, trust, love and loyalty we know those promises will never be in vain.

We've brought life into this world by the grace of God, and she encompasses more of our happiness and joy than we ever thought possible. In the last eighteen months, we've watched the parts of each of us come through in her, and she's truly a brilliant combination of two into one. She is our love personified. We continue to learn with her every day, to see the world as completely new and wonderful, and she brings immeasurable light into our lives.

The beginning is wonderful, because there's so much waiting to happen after it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little sad that no one else has commented on this post, because it is beautiful. I love hearing about a family's "beginnings". Here's to never ending!

    ReplyDelete