Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa is borrowing my guest room.

Last night, after much delaying and substituting wine and television for it, I have completed my wrapping of gifts. I was not happy to do it, at all. It seems this task inevitably gets laid on my shoulders year after year. It looks like Christmas threw up in the guest bedroom. After nearly two and a half hours straight of standing upright, with tedious measuring of the paper, cutting it in perfectly straight lines, taping every open crevice, and labeling each package, it was complete. And I am in serious need of a professional back massage. I am happy to be able to say that I finished this before Christmas Eve, but nonetheless.... There's another little elf in the house and next year I'm pretty sure that all the shopping and wrapping will be left in his capable, albeit spoiled, hands.

And, I realize that this will be the last year that I'll be able to openly hold all the schwag in the guest room, in plain sight, so yep, I sure am cherishing it. Because if she's anything like me, she's gonna be really good at finding things. Which means we have to be very creative starting next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment