Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Beebee Eh-buh.

We're in the depths of week twenty-two of my second pregnancy. Last week we announced that Miss Eva Grace will be arriving in the beginning of September this year, and we couldn't be happier. Judging by her recent lively activity in utero, she really couldn't be happier either.




Allison doesn't really understand much of what's happening right now. I tell her, "Baby Eva will be here soon" and a blank look is the only response I get. What can you expect from someone who themselves hasn't even been on the planet for a full 24 months? So I say, "Alli, can you say 'Baby Eva'?" and the sweetest voice mutters out "Beebee Eh-buh".

This weekend only proved to me what a great big sister Eva will have on her hands, and what a great little helper for us. We visited my cousin, who's six-month old daughter thought Allison was a very appropriate teething ring for a good part of the visit. Instead of running in the other direction, Allison sidled up and positioned herself in just the appropriate place for Sarah to bend down and drool all over her hair and forehead. Instead of waiting for it all to be over, Allison laughed the entire time, going back for more. When Sarah fell over and bumped her head, Allison made a beeline for diapers, a paci, stuffed animals, anything that would help soothe the crying little baby. Needless to say, I left with a relieved heart. I knew there wasn't much room in Allison for being possessive or jealous. I didn't know that there was so much room for love and helpfulness.

It makes you wonder how Eva will be as a big sister. But that's a blog for another day, much further down the line I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Allison will be a wonderful big sister!! I'm so excited for your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like allison is going to be a great big sister! :) I was so worried with Kaylen as well, but to see her with Ryan.. it's truly is amazing. It just seems like she knows how to be helpful and kind to her little brother :) I think it's a reflection of how we take care of our daugthers.. monkey see.. monkey do. :)

    ReplyDelete